Scalp detox is so important for the health of your scalp and overall hair. Growth happens from the scalp so brushing out the crap is needed.
How to do a scalp detox at home?
Here is the list of items you need.
- flat boar bristled brush (I recommend this one)
- weaving comb (My Favorite ) But this one will do too!
- lavender & peppermint essential oil (Young living oils)
- carrier oil (I adore castor oil)
- 4 color clips (Personal favorites)
- split your hair into 4 quadrants. Apex point to mastoid process which is the top of your head to behind your ear on either side and then straight down the back. Clip. Clip. Clip. Clip 😬
- Pick a section and take a perfect, clean slice, about a half inch. With your boar bristle brush. Brush up 3 times and down 3 times.
- Clip that section back.
- In a small bowl. Pour about 1/8th of a cup of castor oil. And 5 drops of peppermint essential oil and 5 drops of lavender.
- Dip one finger in and rub the oil on that sliced section that you just brushed
- continue through that section of hair. Slice by slice. Brushing up 3 times and down 3 times.
- This brushing brushes away dry skin and built up oil in the follicle. And stimulates new growth.
- Placing the oil blend on your scalp right after allows it to deeper penetrate and nourish your scalp.
- After going through all of your sections and placing the oil. The heat from your scalp with evenly distribute throughout
- now that you are finished. Set a timer for 2 minutes and massage your scalp. Or get a friend or spouse to for a even more relaxing experience.
❤️ And if you just are not motivated to do it yourself. You can book a appointment with me through my email. I charge $35 for a scalp detox and leave with a braid. Or $60 for a scalp detox and blowout & style. Or $75 for a scalp detox, haircut and blowdry & style!
so much love to all my followers! Thanks for reading along! 🙋🏼💆🏻